The Municipality of Zawadzkie co-operates with the Katowice Special Economic Zone, thanks to which the investor can take advantage of public aid in the form of a tax relief. The Katowice Special Economic Zone (Katowicka Specjalna Strefa Ekonomiczna S.A. – KSEZ) was established under the Regulation of the Council of Ministers of 18 June 1996 in order to support and advance restructuring processes, as well as to generate employment in the region. The Katowice SEZ covers the area of the whole Śląskie Voivodeship and six districts in the Opolskie Voivodeship including investment area in Zawadzkie. This means that throughout this area the KSEZ may issue support decisions. Over 390 business entities are currently operating in the zone. So far, they have invested approximately PLN 36 billion and created more than 80,000 new jobs here.
The Katowice Special Economic Zone was recognised as the best free zone in Europe in 2015 – 2017 and 2019 by FDI Business Financial Times. What is more, in 2019 was regognised as the 2nd best in the World.
Such success would not have been possible without the commitment and consistency of investors, who continue to implement investment projects within our zone, now reaching a value of EUR 6,5 billion. In employing 80 thousand staff, they efficiently fuel the economic growth and development of our region.
KSEZ is attractive to new and current investors for several reasons:
- well-connected road network,
- developed investment areas,
- appropriate economic environment,
- friendly attitude and support of KSEZ and Municipal employees at every stage of the investment process,
- implements educational programs adapting the education program to the requirements of the labor market,
- a thriving automotive cluster,
- long and rich industrial tradition of the region
- Membership in the Silesia Automotive & Advanced Manufacturing Cluster (meetings within thematic groups, matchmaking, barometers)
- Dedicated projects involving education and competence centres
- Opportunity to participate in dual study and vocational education programmes of the Polish-German Centre for Hybrid Lightweight Structures
As the Administrator of a special economic zone, Katowicka SSE S.A., in addition to its charter activities, renders other services in order to support the businesses operating in and around the Zone:
- provides real property brokerage services around the Zone;
- provides consulting and training on how special economic zones work;
- maintains a database of potential contractors to provide services for investments carried out in the KSEZ;
- “one-stop-shop” (comprehensive investor support);
- lease of office and storage space;
- measures to support cooperation in the region; human resource consulting services and personnel training provided by the Centre for Personnel Development in the Tychy Sub-Zone; occupational medicine services.
investments by industries
investments by nationalities
The KSEZ offers a total of 2 749.3570 ha in land across 48 communes, 900 ha of which are still available for investors.
Major investors in the Katowice Special Economic Zone:
• General Motors Manufacturing Poland
• Fiat Powertrain Technologis Poland
• NGK Ceramics Polska
• Brembo Poland
• Isuzu Motors Polska
• Guardian Częstochowa
• TRW Poland